Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool testing kit registers NO YELLOW Chlorine?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool testing kit registers NO YELLOW Chlorine?

I am a newbie. I just installed an above ground coleman 18ft round pool. over 6000 gallons. I just added chlorine to shock it a day ago. I tested it today with a store bought tester that tests the chlorine and ph levels. The red agent tested well and it showed the ph level fine. But the chorine didnt even register. The water didn't even turn yellow at all? Any tips, help and info would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be a member! Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Glendale, AZ

Re: Pool testing kit registers NO YELLOW Chlorine?

I believe more information is much chlorine was added and what was the strength.

Use Pool Math to determine your needs.
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Re: Pool testing kit registers NO YELLOW Chlorine?

In the meantime, get more chlorine in there!

Can you get to Walmart or somewhere that has an HTH 6-way kit, (not strips)? That kit can test your CYA reliably. We need that number from YOUR testing.

You need to have the correct ratio of CYA and chlorine (FC) to be balanced: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.