Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation coming...local Pool "technicians" that subscribe to the TFP methodology?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation coming...local Pool "technicians" that subscribe to the TFP methodology?

It would be nice to find a listing of local pool techs that use the TFP techniques. Is there such a thing?
    18,000 gal, IG kidney w/ spa, Pebbletech, 60 DE filter, 2 skimmers, auto chlorinator, 2.0 hp pump, Dolphin M400

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Vacation coming...local Pool "technicians" that subscribe to the TFP methodology?

I would trust a 12 y/o neighbor over a "tech" to add chlorine based on instructions. Best plan of attack is to manage CYA a hair low so that a floater can get you by for a week.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacation coming...local Pool "technicians" that subscribe to the TFP methodology?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
    I would trust a 12 y/o neighbor over a "tech" to add chlorine based on instructions. Best plan of attack is to manage CYA a hair low so that a floater can get you by for a week.

what if I'm gonna be out for extended period.
    18,000 gal, IG kidney w/ spa, Pebbletech, 60 DE filter, 2 skimmers, auto chlorinator, 2.0 hp pump, Dolphin M400

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Same plan if you had cats or dogs. Find someone to visit every 2 days. A pool is a pet
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
    Same plan if you had cats or dogs. Find someone to visit every 2 days. A pool is a pet
    A pet...my dog is virtually maintenance free, but the pool...not so much! I guess there is some logic there in that it is alive, at least somewhere in the pool.