Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward TC-15 vs TC-9

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward TC-15 vs TC-9

I have a TC-15 cell that appears to be at the end of its useful life (4 1/2 years of year-round use in Florida). The pool holds 12,000 gallons of water.
    Can I replace the TC-15 with a TC-9 without reprogramimming the AQR? The AQR seems to be working prefectly.
    Is this a wise replacement? Or is the TC-15 better value?
    Thanks
    Rob
    An open (no screen) Pebble Tec 12,000 gallon, below ground saltwater pool on a canal on the Gulf of Mexico. Installed November 2015 with a Hayward Aqua Rite T-Cell 15 chlorine generator, Hayward variable speed pump and 120 sq. ft. cartridge filter. I just found the TRP site and am waiting for my test kit (May 2016).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward TC-15 vs TC-9

The T-15 is probably the best choice. Also, note that the software revision has to be at least 1.50 to use anything other than a t-15.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    The T-15 is probably the best choice. Also, note that the software revision has to be at least 1.50 to use anything other than a t-15.
    And it has to be set for model cell you are using.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Stick with the T-15 you will get more life out of it since it is designed for a larger pool than you have.
    20000 Gallon, Sand Filter, IG Plaster, Hayward Aqua Rite 40k SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, Taylor SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

It's unanimous! TC 15 it is!

Thanks to each of you for your responses.
    An open (no screen) Pebble Tec 12,000 gallon, below ground saltwater pool on a canal on the Gulf of Mexico. Installed November 2015 with a Hayward Aqua Rite T-Cell 15 chlorine generator, Hayward variable speed pump and 120 sq. ft. cartridge filter. I just found the TRP site and am waiting for my test kit (May 2016).