Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner

Hi all, Sherri here. Just decided to get an above ground easy set pool from Intex and now that it has arrived I want to be sure I maintain and keep the water in great shape. I am by no means new to the pool world but I am new to being the person responsible for the chemicals and testing. Look forward to any seasoned advice that can help me do it right and the most economically.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Owner

Hi Sherri and welcome to TFP! All we can say is definitely make sure you have either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit to test your water. Either of those will serve you well and save you a lot of headaches. I recommend the TF-100 for its value. The vital links below in my sig are a great resource for you as well. Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!