How to remove Multiport?

Jun 15, 2016
New Haven, CT
I am trying to replace the filter in my WMC F600 filter and thought I was all ready to go. I have my 300 lbs of sand (the filter holds 260), my multiport is attached with unions so no need to cut anything, and I drained out the water in my filter after turning off the pool circuit breaker. Thing is I can't figure out how to remove the multiport to get at the sand. There is no collar at the top of the filter. Any advice? Please let me know if you need better images or different angles.

multiport.jpg

I believe this unscrews from the filter body. Take the rest of the pipes off first and try to unscrew it from the filter. If there is a collar bolted onto the bottom of the multiport valve remove it first.

Not sure I am following. Are you suggesting that there might be a collar INSIDE the filter body? The only pipe that was remaining was a short section that is used for backwashing. Any attempts to rotate the multiport have not yielded any results. I haven't tried to force it as I don't want to break anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.