Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to remove Multiport?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to remove Multiport?

I am trying to replace the filter in my WMC F600 filter and thought I was all ready to go. I have my 300 lbs of sand (the filter holds 260), my multiport is attached with unions so no need to cut anything, and I drained out the water in my filter after turning off the pool circuit breaker. Thing is I can't figure out how to remove the multiport to get at the sand. There is no collar at the top of the filter. Any advice? Please let me know if you need better images or different angles.

multiport.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to remove Multiport?

I believe this unscrews from the filter body. Take the rest of the pipes off first and try to unscrew it from the filter. If there is a collar bolted onto the bottom of the multiport valve remove it first.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure I am following. Are you suggesting that there might be a collar INSIDE the filter body? The only pipe that was remaining was a short section that is used for backwashing. Any attempts to rotate the multiport have not yielded any results. I haven't tried to force it as I don't want to break anything.

4. Back To Top    #4

You are correct. What I was able to do was get a long pipe and wrap an end with a washcloth. I then could put it in one of the holes and gently apply pressure to get it to turn.

Thanks!