It's sparkling!!!!

May 25, 2016
Coventry, CT
It has been a loooong few weeks. We have metals and apparently a ton of pollen in our water and have run the spectrum of colors. We've had turqouise, dark purple/ black, yellow, darker yellow, green and plain old cloudy. All the while, the water has been fairly balanced- it was so frustrating.

I have spent a lot of time on TFP the last week's looking for ideas and have had a few people suggest having a "professional" fix our water.

I got a robot so I didn't have to vacuum to waste and have been pulling out a ton of pollen in my skimmer socks every day. Both of these were non-chemical ideas I found on TFP. I went out tonight and the pool is SPARKLING! Lifted up the solar cover and the water is crystal clear! Thanks to all who post and discuss ideas. It is finally CLEAR!!!
c2fe1889cf4ca6236adab75fd0949f57.jpg

What it looked like a little over a week ago
ac61703fcbd4faa4b64f37b84c4871b7.jpg

24' Round Radiant partially in ground pool. Hayward sand filter S166T with 1.5 hp 2 speed Variflo pump

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.