Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's sparkling!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

It's sparkling!!!!

It has been a loooong few weeks. We have metals and apparently a ton of pollen in our water and have run the spectrum of colors. We've had turqouise, dark purple/ black, yellow, darker yellow, green and plain old cloudy. All the while, the water has been fairly balanced- it was so frustrating.

I have spent a lot of time on TFP the last week's looking for ideas and have had a few people suggest having a "professional" fix our water.

I got a robot so I didn't have to vacuum to waste and have been pulling out a ton of pollen in my skimmer socks every day. Both of these were non-chemical ideas I found on TFP. I went out tonight and the pool is SPARKLING! Lifted up the solar cover and the water is crystal clear! Thanks to all who post and discuss ideas. It is finally CLEAR!!!

What it looked like a little over a week ago

24' Round Radiant partially in ground pool. Hayward sand filter S166T with 1.5 hp 2 speed Variflo pump
    Last edited by merluc3; 06-15-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Adding photo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It's sparkling!!!!

Wonderful job! TFP clear for sure. Enjoy.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Going through pics of the last few weeks.... the colors it's been....
    Purple first time it was shocked

24' Round Radiant partially in ground pool. Hayward sand filter S166T with 1.5 hp 2 speed Variflo pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Yellow tinged.

5. Back To Top    #5

Dark yellowish green.

6. Back To Top    #6

Full on green

7. Back To Top    #7

Cloudy

8. Back To Top    #8

Cloudy turquoise

9. Back To Top    #9

Sparkly