Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Ladder question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Sherman, Texas

Pool Ladder question

As you can tell in my signature I have a pro series 42" pool. I have a chance to get an intex 52" ladder brand new in box for $10. What is your opinion for using this ladder instead of this product series ladder? I guess I was asking because I did not know if it would look goofy because it is almost 10" taller than the one I have now
    Pro Series 14' X 42"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Miami, FL

Re: Pool Ladder question

Mine is still in the box, very bad opinions from many Intex owners, I use the confer ladder, but for $10.... What can be wrong?
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

It's the finest $10 ladder on the market.

We had a 48" Intex for two years, so that's probably the ladder we had. We didn't like it, but it came with the pool and was good enough that we didn't replace it until we replaced the pool.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tecumseh, OK

They're probably both built about the same. So I can't see any issues using either one other than like you said, it'll be a tad taller. Biggest thing is they both give you access to the pool!! That's the most important thing.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5
    Edmond OK

I bought the 52" Intex ladder this year with the removable steps on the outside for safety and the shelf at the top. I thought it looked more sturdy than the 48" one I had, but it's actually more wobbly.

But for $10, go for it.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"