I found this site after some hunting around and this looks like a good reliable community looking to help rather than to sell me something.
I've had a pool for quite some time and this is the first year that I have had to really fight a green pool. Cover was damaged during the off season so all the leaves settled to the bottom. Here's what I've done so far:
- cleaned out as much as I can with a leaf rake - it's not quite as murky
- balance alkalinity and PH
- brushed the wall and shocked the pool with calcium hypochlorite (5lbs)
- added algaecide
3 weeks in and there hasn't been really much change and I'm now frustrated and at a loss as to what to do and find myself second guessing.
so here's the current stats:
FC - 5+
TC - 5+
pH - 6.9? 7
TA - 50
CH - 110
CYA - 50
Hope you can help! I've currently ordered the TF100 test kit, so hopefully that arrives on Friday so I can get exact numbers on FC/TC/CC
Thanks in advance!
Sorry about the sideways pics. A few other details:
- Sand has been replaced
- 5 lbs of dichlor was added on Monday. That day FC: 4 and TC: 5+ PH: 6.8 TA: 50
- about an hour before the pictures in OP I add 4 gallons of Liquid shock - 10% concentration
Now I get the torrential downpour to see how that affects the pool chemistry.
Thanks in advance for the help!