July vacation

Jun 5, 2016
palmyra nj
Will be gone the month of July and I though I would put safety cover on. (95% solid). I will raise cl level and use automatic cl with 3" tablets (I know) Someone will check cl twice a week and adjust as needed. I though this will keep pool cleaner and safer. I will run filter 8 hrs/day. Any advice Thanks

Yes, bring us back a souvenir. :) I think you have the right idea. You might want to check to ensure your pH isn't too low since you going to rely on some tabs while you are gone (acidic). Maybe do a good backwash before leaving so your guest won't have to worry about it. Make sure he/she knows any emergency actions to take while you are away.

Have a nice time. :wave:

This could be a rare time Polyquat 60 algaecide could be added similar to when closing a pool as an added insurance. I think it may be less effective at higher FC, but wanted to throw it out there for the group to comment on. A month is a long time, but your solid cover will do a lot to prevent FC UV decay. Just a thought to consider.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.