Kreepy Krauly won't lay flat

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
I've noticed that when I run my KK vac it doesn't lay flat on the bottom of the pool. Shouldn't it be flat so it has the max suction?

a7b73474dfff263536dbff8505513c73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience with ours it is always flat on the bottom. There's an adapter that plugs into the skimmer that the hose attaches to that has a spring loaded lever on it that I had to adjust to get just the right about of flow through the diaphragm otherwise it won't move or it does what you are experiencing and drags along at all angles. It's purely trial and error on getting that thing adjusted properly but once it's set it doesn't require any other adjustment.

It's all about getting the right amount of flow through the diaphragm so it levels out and works right. That adapter allows for adjustments due to different sized pumps so it can ge dialed in for more or less suction.

Well I did install the part where I can control the suction and it still doesn't want to lay flat. Next I'll try adjusting my returns so the flow of water is directed more downward. It was supposed to be easy to just let the Kreepy suck up any debris on the bottom but I'm finding it easier to just manually brush anything towards the main drains.

I run mine in conjunction with the skimmer. It's in a dedicated suction port in the wall. I have an above ground so no main drain but still not using 100% of the suction available since it's split between the two. Same should apply running a main drain. But since you said the hose doesn't lay flat it could be just twisted enough that it's not allowing it to lay flat. Long shot but have you tried twisting some of the hoses a few turns to see if that changes how the hose lays?

I will add that I give the vacuum more suction than the skimmer so maybe it just needs a tad more suction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.