Please help, back washing every day!

Dus10

Mar 25, 2016
Pine Top, KY
I've looked through this forum and have an idea that I may have algae but was hoping to pick your all' brains just a bit. I have a brand new pool put up in Feburary. 18' above ground with a 1 hp Hayward sand filter. I was told normal operating pressure was 14-16 psi and I normally backwash at 20. As of the last 4/5 days I'm backwashing every day. The folks at the pool store say it's normal for a little while but if it persists to call them back. Anyone care to offer any perspective or opinions? I would appreciate it greatly!

I've looked through this forum and have an idea that I may have algae but was hoping to pick your all' brains just a bit. I have a brand new pool put up in Feburary. 18' above ground with a 1 hp Hayward sand filter. I was told normal operating pressure was 14-16 psi and I normally backwash at 20. As of the last 4/5 days I'm backwashing every day. The folks at the pool store say it's normal for a little while but if it persists to call them back. Anyone care to offer any perspective or opinions? I would appreciate it greatly!
It is hard to give advise without an accurate set of test results from your pool.

How do you test your water? How often do you test?

How do you maintain FC?

Dom

i have the 5 way test strips I use to test atleast every two days. In the summer it's been every day since my wife and daughters swim every day while I work. We normally shock every 2 weeks that jacks the FC up. Other than the day following the shock and while people are swimming I have a floater with one of the 3" tabs in it. I know the test strips aren't exactly accurate to a point, but being a noob they are what I'm comfortable with for now.

To be frank:

Test strips = guess strips. Basically useless. There is a link in my signature for test kits.
"Shock" = put useless/problematic stuff in the pool.
Floater = more problems.
Pool store = $$$$

If you are willing to take control of your pool and start saving money we are ready to help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.