New pool pump help!!!!

Jun 2, 2014
Atlanta, ga
I just purchased a new Pentair Superflo 1HP Dual Speed pump. Thanks to someone's suggestion in this forum! The good news, I installed the pump and it works great. You can hardly hear it. I'm having trouble with the Dual speed toggle switch. I'm obviously not putting the wires in the right place. I have 3 wires going from the wall to the pump. They are green, white and red. The green one is easy. I put the green one on the green screw. I guess that's the ground. I put the white one on the number 1 top slot. I put the red one on the bottom number 3 slot. Again the motor runs great. What I can't seem to figure out is the toggle switch. There are 3 colors. I put the white one on number 3 and I put the yellow one on number 2. Where does the black one go? I can't figure it out and I don't want to break the darn thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your white supply neutral is correct on terminal 1.
Your black supply wire should go to the black wire on the center of the switch.
The white and yellow wires from the switch go to the other terminals (yellow to 2 and white to 3/4)

There should have been a diagram on the side of the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.