Persistent high CC

Ronald U.

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
I need help. I began a green algae SLAM 23 days ago. Back then there were 6 or so hand sized patches of algae on walls, water clear. Since Day 2 SLAM no visible algae, water clear. I am unable to reach SLAM completion due to persistence of CC between 1.0 - 2.5, usually 1.5. Running out of ideas I raised FC to mustard algae SLAM 6:30 pm yesterday. Today's numbers:
FC 22.5
CC 1.5
CYA 30
TA 50
Borate 40

About 10 days ago I added trichlor pucks to feeder to raise CYA from high 20's to mid 30's (using Pool Math). CYA has rapidly drifted back down into high 20's by yesterday's reading. There have been several inches of rain during the SLAM. Pool overflows. Cleaned DE screens 2 days ago. Screens were caked but no green visible. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Previous thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-can-SLAMs-run. Started this new one as it seemed the old thread was losing steam.
I've never quite understood how to distinguish green algae from mustard algae.

That is usually indicative of algae hiding in a hard to reach spot. Behind niche lights, in ladders, in wedding cake stairs, in skimmers behind weir doors, etc.

I see you have a Tiger Shark in your signature if it's been in the pool during these OCLT tests I'd remove and retest - they can get funk in them.
Is their a main drain in the pool? check under the screen for debris if possible.

You could do an OCLT test on your filter water by shutting it down overnight test some water off the drain, and test the pool separately before restarting the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.