MX-6 Issues on suction line

1.It seems that if I run the cleaner in the skimmer with the dedicated suction line for the vacuum closed it works properly. If I run it in the dedicated line it doesn't have enough suction to properly move. It used to work this way prior to renovating the pool when I had a 1 speed 2hp pump. I know have a 3hp variable speed pump and even running it at 2750 it doesn't seem to be enough. I am unable to shut off any of the other suction lines main drain, skimmer etc. The only line I can turn off is the spa which is always off unless in spa mode. Should the main drain be turned off or down when using this function as I have a 3 way valve installed on this pipe and there is no way to turn it down or off without eliminating the skimmer and dedicated line all together.
2. Another option would just be to not use the auto cleaner however I would hate to have to vacuum the pool manually once a week or so.
Thanks for the help.

Have you checked the suction on your side port using the MX6 and a stop watch?

One of the wheels has a yellow plug in the spokes. With the cleaner hooked up and running under water use that mark to check for enough suction. Time how long it takes for 10 rotations. It should be 20-25 seconds. Longer is not enough suction, shorter is too much.

I'm not sure how your valves are set up but you can set your 3way part way to adjust the suction balance. You can also use a hose adaptor, or other device to restrict the bottom of the skimmer to get more suction on the side port

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.