Problem with prime!

Jun 15, 2016
Danville, ca
I recently noticed a problem with the pump acheiving a prime. The problem that I'm having is that there seems to be a large rush of air that I can see in the pump basket and check valve right as prime is achieved. Pressure on the filter quickly zeros right after it builds to normal operating pressure. The pump seems to prime for a brief second before losing its discharge pressure. I found a leak at the quick connect in the discharge side which was replaced with no change in the prime. I have also checked all gaskets and replaced the check valve as I noticed there was a stripped out screw in the cap. Any suggestions where this air is coming from?

On a side note the pool equipment is located about 10 feet above the pool.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 21
My guess is low pool water and/or your skimmer flap is stuck (or there is something obstructing flow in your skimmer). Do this... turn your pump on and go look in your skimmer... does it move water for a few seconds... then, as the pump primes, it starts sucking everything down like a waterfall (thereby getting air into the system) then it stops and eventually repeats the process?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.