Purchasing a place with an above ground 330gal Spa (and in-ground pool). Currently have pool service for the pool (may change after i get the hang of the spa!)
Anyway. Looking to decontaminate the spa, then set it up and maintain it with the Bromine method.
I've been reading a couple forums, and getting my ducks in a row to properly do this w/o a bunch of trips to the local store (and their high prices).
Based on the decontamination thread on another forum and the 3 step bromine plan, my plan is to:
1. Flush spa with SpaFlush for 24hrs, drain and wipe down inside.
2. refill spa, put in new filter, balance water to tA of 80ppm and pH to 7.2. and then put in bleach for 24hrs (50ppm), drain, and wipe inside then rinse.
3. refill spa
4. Balance water - CH < 125 - add calcium choride to bring it up. TA = 80 - baking soda to raise, aeration or sodium bisulfate (dry acid) to lower. pH 7.4-7.6 - aeration to raise, sodium bisulfate to lower. Then once balanced, 50ppm of Borates (Boratic acid).
5. start bromine bank by adding sodium bromide to get 30ppm
6. shock with oxidizer (bleach or non-chlorinated shock) to get bromine above 10ppm - don't use til below 10.
7. add float with bromine tabs to stabilize at 4-6ppm bromine.
Test bromine and ph before each use, check everything weekly. adjust as necessary to maintain above values.
Does this all sound correct? am I on the right track? I'll be starting this possibly today or tomorrow. I have a test kit on order, but may have to result in taking samples to local pool supply until it arrives. And i think i have everything noted above to adjust each value if needed. Want everything on hand, just in case - no trips to the store. lol.