Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trouble Free Pool -2nd Attempt - Fingers Crossed!

1. Back To Top    #1

Trouble Free Pool -2nd Attempt - Fingers Crossed!

First attempt I was close to getting "Swamp Thing" swimmable but ultimately had a liner failure. So long story short. Old liner it out. Bottom and Cove shaped to perfection. New liner is in. Clean clear water is circulating. YEAH!!

Running filter 24/7 and beginning SLAM until I can pass all the criteria. Hopefully it will be a short one.

6/15/16 6:30am
    FC 4.5
    CC .5
    PH 7.6
    TA 175
    CH 90
    CYA 0
    Water temp 73degF

Added chlorine to get FC up to 10.
    Added CA via sock in skimmer to get to CYA up to 30. (Target will ultimately be 40)

I would like to address high TA soon. Any suggestions?
    15' Above Ground, 4' water depth - approx. 5300 gallons.
    Hayward 1HP Pump-60gpm and 100# Sand Filter. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.
    Loving our little trouble-free pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trouble Free Pool -2nd Attempt - Fingers Crossed!

I would recommend that if your FC is not yet above 10, go ahead and adjust pH to about 7.2 before resuming the SLAM. Other than that, you have the right idea. For a CYA of 30, you will increase FC to "12" Best of luck and have a nice evening. After the SLAM, we'll help you with the TA.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!