Exposed Pipe & Flooring Questions

joyrox

Mar 22, 2016
Nashville/TN
I just bought a 1958 ranch style home in nashville TN that came with a 20 x 40 8ft deep pool thats 35 years old. I had a pool guy come out to inspect my pool and he quoted me around $5k for the liner and the install. But, after he pulled up the old liner he noticed that huge portions of the sand had washed away and so he is recommending that he patch it with Vermiculite and it will cost an additional $1,200. Another concern is that the pool main drain pipe is exposed and he's wanting to just cover it with vermiculite as well and I'll just have small hump on the bottom of the pool? Does this sound normal to you guys? Any suggestions would be helpful, I have no idea what the standard cost is for this kinda stuff or if it's smart to just cover a pvc pipe at the bottom of the pool with vermiculite and the liner. I have pictures but I don't know how to post them to this thread. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP :)

Could you get 1 or 2 more quotes, that will give you a good idea of the cost and most main drains are being plugged or discarded now days, most fail and get covered up :)

There really is no standard pricing so you'll have to do some home work.

More and more main drains are being covered up but I would ask him if there was a way he could cut it off and cap it below the pool sureface. I see no reason to have the hump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.