Intermatic GE pool pump timer making clicking sound, flashing green light, and more

Jun 15, 2016
Wichita, KS
My intermatic timer for my pool filter/pump is making a clicking sound and the light blinks green ONLY when trying to turn on the pump, the Polaris works fine. Electrician charged me to tell me that the switch for my timer was outdated, I don't use the Polaris much so I switched them, guess what, my Polaris works but not my pump. I have checked and checked wiring.

I just moved into the house and I am not entirely sure of how old the pump or the on/off timer unit is. But I have looked it up online, appears it might be the GE 15132. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks so much.

BTW, I am currently at work, and I can try to answer questions but may not be able to provide you with the information you are looking for at this time, if you need further information please let me know what you think and if further details could be helpful in determining my problem.

EDIT
After doing some research and then more research, I still have not found an answer to my specific issue. The fact that I switched the timers on the Pump and Polaris, and the Polaris continued to work, but the pump still does not turn on, tells me that it has to be due to the electrical hook up to the pump or the connect between the timer and the pump. Thought this was worth reiterating.

Last edited:
Having a bit of trouble following this. Is the Polaris a pump, in pool cleaner, or both?

When you said this... I don't use the Polaris much so I switched them... what did you switch? If you do have a polaris pump in addition to another pump, are both of them on the timer or is one on a separate switch?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.