Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Little brown circle stains with a dark dot in appearing on step and bottom of pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Little brown circle stains with a dark dot in appearing on step and bottom of pool.

I have tried putting a 3" chlorine tablet on some of the spots and nothing changed. I also tried putting vitamin C on it and nothing changed.
    I have a 30,000 gallon gunite inground swimming pool. I have a pentair whisperflo motor (new in 2014), a Pentair Clean & Clear filter (new in 2015), a Mini Max 300,000 BTU older natural gas heater (new in 1999), a Hayward CL220 Chlorinator (new in 2016) and a Polaris 380 pool sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Little brown circle stains with a dark dot in appearing on step and bottom of poo

Vitamin C might not be effective if you have a high Cl level. (I'm assuming a metal stain here). Did you crush up some pills and put in a sock to keep the concentration high? Also try "trapping" it by placing a cup on top weighed down. It may take a while. Give the Vitamin C another try using these suggestions.

There's a recent thread here along these lines where a guy had success (search last 2 weeks of threads). I'll see if I can find it for you also.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Little brown circle stains with a dark dot in appearing on step and bottom of poo

Thanks for the info. I will try that.
    I have a 30,000 gallon gunite inground swimming pool. I have a pentair whisperflo motor (new in 2014), a Pentair Clean & Clear filter (new in 2015), a Mini Max 300,000 BTU older natural gas heater (new in 1999), a Hayward CL220 Chlorinator (new in 2016) and a Polaris 380 pool sweep.