In Floor Cleaning system not working correctly

Jun 15, 2016
Anthem, AZ
I have a 6 port low-profile in floor cleaning system. I have noticed that as it cycles through the zones one zone always has the heads popped up. The other Zones will come on and off as they should but seem to be low in pressure. The Zone that stays up happens to be the one that has two ports in the system going to it...meaning in one complete cycle it will pop up twice. I have checked everything and even replaced the 2" t-valve all six ports. Just not understanding why that one zone always has increased water pressure to it.

Hi Dan - Welcome to TFP!

How old is the system?

If you are the original owner, contact A&A Manufacturing directly. They have always been very helpful to me and other members here in resolving cleaning system issues. I don't have their phone number handy, but they're in Phoenix on West Indian School.

Stick around the site and have a look at our methods - and let us know what A&A says.

+1 to gwegan's suggestion. Never hurts to ask...... Please do let us know what they say.

If one entire zone is staying up while others open/close at the same time, that sounds like the t-valve for that zone is somehow remaining open. With the pump off (at the breaker), open the distribution valve and look to see if you can see of a t-valve is remaining open - even a little open. Then take out the gear set and check to see that each t-valve opens and closes completely. It should be a very smooth movement of the t-valves. Also check to see if each t-valve seats completely without any resistance.

The heads that remain up - is there a reasonable amount of water coming out of them? Or are they just stuck in the open position (my do this when they start wearing out)?

I called A&A Manufacturing and they were very helpful. I had already replace the T-Valves and they seem to be working just fine....A&A told me if the opening in the housing also are wore it will cause a condition called blow by which keeps the t-Valve partly open and thus the heads remain active....So at this point after a brief conversation they recommended replacing the housing.

Excellent - at least you have a direction to head. Let us know if replacing the housing corrects the problem. Knowing this might just help someone else out down the road.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.