Mounting the Control Box

May 12, 2009
I just purchased a AquaRite and am in the process of installing it....the control box weighs a ton. Not so sure I can just screw it into the siding on my house.....How have you guys been mounting them, or how is yours mounted....

Thanks

Mine are mounted on a sheet of plywood and the plywood is then attached to the wall of the shed. Using an appropriately large sheet of plywood allows you to spread the weight across several different points where the plywood is attached to the building. Of course you want to paint the plywood with some appropriate outdoor paint before mounting it.

Welcome to TFP!!

On the pools we build the electricians install a ~ 2 X 3' spray painted pressure treated 3/4" (actually its 23/ 32) plywood board attached to 2 painted pressure treated 4 X 4s. To this we mount the control box for the SWCGs, outlets for the pump, etc., the timer and everything else electrical for the pool (except the lights, which have their own junction box). This is right next to the equipment pad. If all you only need to put up the control box, you can simply use a 4 X 4 (pressure treated), in a 2' hole, and attach it with the 2 center screw holes.

Make sure you mount it at a convenient height and can fully open the door :hammer: (I can tell you stories about having to reposition boxes because either the electricians put it within 2" of the filter or ~ on the ground, or other contractors installing walls so close that you can't get to the pool equipment :rant: :) )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.