Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mosquitos in deck box storage bin....suggestions to get rid of them?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mosquitos in deck box storage bin....suggestions to get rid of them?

I live in South Louisiana where mosquitos are very prevalent. I've noticed the last few times I opened our deck box to take out our pool furniture cushions, there are hundreds of mosquitos in there that begin flying around once I start pulling the cushions out and disturbing them. Funny thing is that they are mainly in that one space. I don't have many in my yard or around the pool that bother us. Even if I keep the cushions and deck box dry, they still stay in there, I'm guessing due to it being dark, cool, and sometimes moist environment. Is there anything I can put or spray in there to help get rid of these?
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mosquitos in deck box storage bin....suggestions to get rid of them?

Spray inside top of lid with deep woods off on ocassion.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Mosquitos in deck box storage bin....suggestions to get rid of them?

My wife likes these products. All organic and won't harm your cushions. Smells minty too.

25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?