Return Jets and Circulation

"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream” — Vincent van Gogh.

Jk, if you have water being sucked/pulled into the skimmer and shooting out of the returns you can call it good. Another way to tell is to change settings on your filter (if you can?) from recirculate to filter and see if there is a change in gauge pressure. This would indicate normal circulation.

Some use ping pong balls to see how debris would act as it enters the pool moves around. That will give you an idea if you have any dead spots and aid in aiming the returns. Keep an eye on the pressure gauge on your filter when the PSI gets approx. 10% to 20% higher than it was when the filter was cleaned it is time to clean again for most that would be 2 to 3 PSI or so higher than it was when clean. I have seen posts that say you can go longer up to 8 PSI increase but most don't since you are losing flow at that point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.