Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex pump getting loud

1. Back To Top    #1

intex pump getting loud

We have been running a new Intex pool pump on a regular schedule for about three weeks and noticed this evening its growing loud. I assume its days are numbered even thought is new. I cant do a warranty claim because I purchased the pool last summer and never unboxed it until this summer.

Along with the intex pump I'm running the intex sand filter and SWG and ready to install a few solar panels on a second story roof.

I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions on a replacement pump for this pool and which can accommodate a lift to the second story. Hopefully this replacement pump will still work with the current sand filter and SWG. Thanks in advance for your input.

Pool specs:
    Intex Ultraframe 12' x 24'
    solar panels = 80 sf but depending on performance might grow to 160 sf.

Thanks
    -John

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex pump getting loud

Quote Originally Posted by John007 View Post
    We have been running a new Intex pool pump on a regular schedule for about three weeks and noticed this evening its growing loud. I assume its days are numbered even thought is new. I cant do a warranty claim because I purchased the pool last summer and never unboxed it until this summer.

Along with the intex pump I'm running the intex sand filter and SWG and ready to install a few solar panels on a second story roof.

I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions on a replacement pump for this pool and which can accommodate a lift to the second story. Hopefully this replacement pump will still work with the current sand filter and SWG. Thanks in advance for your input.

Pool specs:
    Intex Ultraframe 12' x 24'
    solar panels = 80 sf but depending on performance might grow to 160 sf.

Thanks
    -John
    Bump... any advice on a replacement?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: intex pump getting loud

Is it an impeller type pump? If so, did you check to see it it was seated properly and nothing is stuck in the fins?