Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump psi

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump psi

Greetings to all. Pool is the Intex 18x52. Just installed the Hayward CC15093S Full Flow 150 sq. ft cartridge with 1.5 hp motor. Plumbed with 1.5 pvc. Started it up and all seems good, I think. Sucking water. Pumping water as advertised. My question is this. Manual says max operating pressure is 30psi. May gauge is reading 9 psi. is that kosher? All seems fine. Just don't know what to judge it by.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump psi

Hi, welcome to TFP! 9 psi is fine, just don't go above 30 psi. When your pressure rises 20% above clean pressure (in your case 20% above 9 psi) its time to clean the cartridge.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP and excellent to have you here Good to hear a nice low number like that.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to all for the quick replies.