Intex Salt Water Pump Skimmer Leak

I setup a new (2015 model) 12 x 24 ultraframe Intex pool this year with what looks like a similar pump system. With that said I'm no expert but here is what I noticed from your video. My pump's filter lid when screwed down has no room for movement. In your video it looks like the clear plastic top is moving up and down. If there is movement in that lid I assume you don't have a proper seal. I would take a look at the assembly of the pumps intake basket and the O-ring in that clear lid to see what is keeping it from screwing down properly. Is the large clear nut which holds the lid on tight?

Thanks for the response. I just assumed the "floating" lid was by design but after reading your message, I checked the two pieces (lid and threaded rim) and it looks as if they split apart...possibly during shipping. I have cemented them using glue for sprinkler pipe and will test it out tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.