Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Auto fill...

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Auto fill...

I have the idea for long time to build a auto fill for my Intex pool, the same way like this video shows

https://youtu.be/2npp1apgr9U

Have any of you done something similar, opinions in favor or against, let's heard what you have to say...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Auto fill...

Looks like an easy project. I might have to give it a shot!!
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Auto fill...

I saw the thread last night and did not watch the video until now. That is a nice idea.

I was thinking you could do something similar but only use a small hole in the side wall (like extra return), basically like in-ground is done. And connecting an external bucket to the pool through a hose/pipe to the small hole. Could use an in-ground autofill bucket and valve, just have to figure out how to mount it externally to the pool.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Smile Re: Intex Auto fill...

The thing is that I have a extra Skimmer and didn't know what to do with it...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart