Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to SWG Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Shelbyville, Indiana

New to SWG Question

I currently have a 30 year old pool and have been using the BBB method for the last five years very successfully. Certainly have had a shock-free pool for five years in a row.
    I now have gone to the dark side and purchased a Circupool RJ45 SWG , plumbed it up, and getting my water balance where it needs to be according to your recommendations.

Quick question: the Circupool RJ45 suggests a salt level range of 3000 to 4000ppm, with a target of 3500ppm.
    I know you guys suggest the salt range should be 200 to 400 ppm's above manufacturers recommendations. Just wanted to check if we want to end up with a level of 3700 to 4000 ppm, which appears to be the top end for Circupool, before I start dumping salt in the pool

As always, really appreciate the input. It is always great info.

Vinyl Liner-24K-2 skimmers-bottom drain
    Sta-Rite sand filter
    Sta-Rite 1HP Pump
    Circupool RJ-45 SWG
    TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: New to SWG Question

I would think that 3500 would be just fine.. But, I suggest you determine how salty your pool is before dumping in a ton of salt. I was amazed how salty my water was before I had added any to the pool. If you don't have a salt test kit, then I would only add about half of what you think you will need and see what the SWG says the salt level is before adding any more.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Wow, that's great to hear about the five years shock free. +1 to Jimrahbe's and welcome to TFP. Good to have you here!
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

I have found the curcupools like a little higher salt content, try 3500 this year and watch/test after a month, kick it up to 3700 or so if it drops from backwashing, that is what I am doing this year (I need to add after draining about 5000 gallons this month)
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **