Help!!!!

May 21, 2008
Pulled the cover back to check the water...planning on opening this weekend.
We added 6 gallons of liquid shock in september when we closed and it's an absolute disaster right now...
How much liquid shock/bleach should we add when we open? Have no FC right now...checked that this morning.
There is ALOT of algae or pollen something floating on top. Algae on the steps...that's as far as we pulled the cover back before reattaching until we can fully open. We have a semi-solid green cover.
I have no numebrs to give you yet...just wondering how much chemicals to put in when opening...we have almost 30,000gal pool.
I know i haven't given you much information but anything you might have would be helpful.
All of our neighbors have opened and they've had almost no algae and clear water...we do have a white cedar tree in our yard NEAR the pool...
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!! :?

I think you will need to provide numbers before anyone can tell you what to add an how much. Except maybe for FC since you say there is non, I guess putting some would be better than none. But it sounds like you may need to shock and how much to raise your FC to shock level depends on how much CYA is in your pool.

You need to get the pump running and mix the water up and then get a full set of water test numbers before you can known what you will need to add. From your description it sounds like you will need a lot of chlorine, but I can't say anything beyond that without water test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.