Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What kind of fitting is this???

1. Back To Top    #1

What kind of fitting is this???

Anyone have any idea what kind of fitting this is?

Picasa Web Albums - Michael Mouser

You can see from the pics there is some sort of nipple screwed into regular old SCH 40 1.5" PVC. Problem is a 1.5" female threaded PVC fitting won't screw onto those threads sticking out. Is this some some sort of 'pool fitting'?

Trying to hook up homemade aeration.
    Appx. 39,000 gal., in-ground plaster. 48 SqFt Pentair DE grid filter, 1 HP Pentair single speed pump, Circupool RJ-60+ SWG (seen here). Currently using Cellulose instead of DE. Hayward XL suction sweep. TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What kind of fitting is this???

Looks to be just a standard pool return fitting without the eyeball and cover ring. What are trying to do?

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Unscrew the piece and then you have 1.5" NPT threads. To get out the piece, put a flat metal bar into the notches and unscrew.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm trying to hook up a home made PVC aerator to raise PH without TA, like several examples I've found here on TFP. A regular 1.5" threaded PVC fitting doesn't quite fit.

Is there a tool I can buy to remove? I tend to mess things up when I try to improvise with things like metal bars. Just my 'murphy's law' luck.
    Appx. 39,000 gal., in-ground plaster. 48 SqFt Pentair DE grid filter, 1 HP Pentair single speed pump, Circupool RJ-60+ SWG (seen here). Currently using Cellulose instead of DE. Hayward XL suction sweep. TF-100.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hayward SP1419T Inlet Seat Removal Tool