PH is staying the same

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
Is it normal for PH to stay the same for long periods of time? Mine is at 7.5, and I haven't had to add any MA for over two weeks. Getting large bather loads on weekends, and TA is hanging right at 70. FC is good at 6, and CC is 0. Water temp is 86-87 range. Thanks!!!

congratulations, it sounds like you have found the "sweet spot" for TA in your pool!

When the TA is at a level it likes, your ph should be fairly steady barring any unforeseen additions.

Each pool is different. My current pool is fairly steady but once every few months goes to 7.3 which
I believe is caused by the neighbors annoying red pine dumping tons of needles in.

My last house/pool had steady 7.5 year round.

My pool would start at around 7.4 in the Spring and I would need to add acid once or at most, twice over the season. I went one summer with no acid added at all.

8.0 was my trigger. I let it float there for a long time. I was lucky as to how easy that pool was to maintain.

Two weeks? Man I haven't added any in almost 2 years. Several others here like me too.
I guess I'm lucky.

Is it normal for PH to stay the same for long periods of time? Mine is at 7.5, and I haven't had to add any MA for over two weeks. Getting large bather loads on weekends, and TA is hanging right at 70. FC is good at 6, and CC is 0. Water temp is 86-87 range. Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.