I hate cotton!!!!!!

Jun 4, 2015
Basehor Kansas
I was just curious if anybody else on here is dealing with cotton in your pool? I remember having the same problem last year also. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on getting it all collected before it gets to the skimmer basket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I agree with you, I hate cotton!!!

There's a big tree in a neighbor's yard a few houses down who's constantly dumping into my pool and it always looks like it's got a film on top of my water. However, instead of worrying about it getting in my skimmer basket I decided to actually push it in there in an attempt to catch it.

I usually run a skimmer sock (aka hair net) so I'm not worried about it getting into my filter. I used some PVC and made a contraption that holds the hose from my submersible pump to create a better swirling effect within the water and to help push it towards the skimmer. Then I used an extra piece of PVC to hold my leaf/debris net to catch whatever misses the skimmer.

So far I can tell a noticeable difference and I just finished it today and have only ran it for 4 hours.

c0c53f1e684b6fde3af5fa870612d9a1.jpg

Dude... here in Utah, the cottonwood trees blow almost year round...The house across the street has a huge one and when the wind blows from the west, it all ends up in the pool. Im fighting the battle as well and the only thing Ive come up with other than standing out there all day is to rig my net so it hangs in the water...Best passive collection I can think of... Not all the surface debris makes it into the skimmer even if its running all day so the extra collector works while I don't have to. Keeping the cover on helps too but when I pull it, it all goes in the drink

That would definitely be a pain in the butt. I haven't seen any cotton on ours the last couple of days. Hopefully it is done falling for the season. The filter sock really saved me as it did alot better job of keeping all that cotton out of my leaf basket. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.