Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Is it ok to bring a pool up to SLAM levels while running a SWG? We just turned on the SWG for the first time this season last night, I have been solely adding bleach the last couple of weeks.

I am heading out of town Thursday early and will be back late Sunday. I'll have the solar cover on and CYA is up to 40 (as of last test, there is more currently in the sock). I'm wondering/hoping that if I douse the pool right before I head out along with the SWG I wont drop too low. I know 4 days isn't a long time in the scheme of things, but when I found you guys last year was after a short trip, and returned to a green pool. Yes, in that case I accidentally left the filter and swg off, but it just happened so fast.

What size and brand of SWG do you have?

With a cover on and already at SLAM levels, the SWG can add too much chlorine and it could possibly get sky high depending on the run time and output settings.

No, I've been using bleach only. I have just turned my swg on for the first time this season last night. That is why I am a little worried. i have it set for 6 hours right now, I'll test tonight when I go to bed and when I wake up to see what the difference is. (I run it at night as electric rates are cheaper, I've seen that people say it's better for daylight, but I haven't researched the reasoning behind that yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.