Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing new Circupool RJ plus 30 SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing new Circupool RJ plus 30 SWG

Pool had been treated with chlorine tablets by previous owner of our recently purchased house.
    We just purchased a Circupool RJ 30Plus for our above ground pool (7600 gallon) to switch to SWG . Probably overkill but took advantage of the $1 upgrade sale for next size up. Would much rather run it less and have it last longer. Now to install it. Pool is now opened, SLAMmed, crystal clear, and test numbers are pretty good. Still a little tweaking a little bit but not bad for a newbie just figuring this all out. With my funky new speed/stir I feel like i am back in chemistry class.

FC:2.5
    CC: 0
    TA: 80
    CYA: 40
    pH: 7.3
    temp: 67 degrees

Your pool math chart is fabulous! Kudos for all this help. Will add some CYA to bring that up and more Borax to get the pH in to 7.5

Main Question: Would love some advice on installation of SWG. Have attached pictures so you can see current set up. Sorry, don't know how to rotate the pics correctly in the attachment.

Reading instruction guidelines, looks like we need to modify outflow pipe from filter which is currently flexible into PVC piping for attachment of SWG ?? Would be great if someone with an above ground pool could post pictures of your set up. Does the control module need to be in some kind of covering to protect it from weather?

Don't know how to update my pool info of my signature page:
    18 ' above ground, Hayward Power Flo LX pump, Rainbow Lifeguard M Series Cartridge filter, to be installed CircuPool RJ plus 30 SWG. Tf100 test kit and my trusty speed/stir, solar blanket cover to hopefully warm the water up before August!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18' above ground, , Hayward Power Flo LX pump, Rainbow Lifeguard cartridge filter, newly purchase CircuPool RJ+30 SWG, TF100 test kit and trusty speed stir, solar blanket cover (in hopes of warming the pool up before August in VT!)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Installing new Circupool RJ plus 30 SWG

Welcome to TFP

I have never seen that filter, its kind of kewl looking..

The RJ is a straight connection, so from the hard pipe out of your filter, cut the end and extend your pipe and install the SWG there, if you want to go back to the hose you have you will need an adapter...

I know this is not the same looking because I have the SJ but maybe it will give you some ideas on pipe... I uploaded a bunch of differant angles

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you so much!! It helps us to get our bearings just to see one put in. I appreciate all the angles. I couldn't be doing this without TFC help.
    18' above ground, , Hayward Power Flo LX pump, Rainbow Lifeguard cartridge filter, newly purchase CircuPool RJ+30 SWG, TF100 test kit and trusty speed stir, solar blanket cover (in hopes of warming the pool up before August in VT!)

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

here is an install that also may help, it is almost the same as yours

Installing Circupool Si-45 Plus and would like a sanity check please

here are some more...

https://www.google.com/search?sitese...ive&gws_rd=ssl
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Big thank you. This helps