Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build Looking For Equipment Recommendations.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build Looking For Equipment Recommendations.

I am starting a new pool build in Phoenix, AZ and I am looking for some recommendations on what equipment I should use.

Here are some of the pool specs with image attached.

POOL DIMENSIONS 40'-0" x 20'-0"
    POOL DEPTHS 3'-6" x 5'-0" x 8'-0"
    POOL SURFACE AREA 800 SF
    POOL PERIMETER 120'
    POOL INTERIOR AREA 1,460 SF
    POOL VOLUME 32,912 GALLONS

Selection_011.jpg

My family and I are quite busy so I would like to make the addition of chemicals pretty much automated (if possible) or at the very least be able to monitor chemical levels from a smart phone. I have decided that I am going to use DE for filtration.

If anyone could help me with a shopping list of what I need and what sizes of equipment to use I would appreciate the help.

BTW. I have budgeted roughly 3000.00 - 3500.00 for the project if that helps.

PS. Mods please move this to the correct forum if I have messed up, Thanks.
    20 ft x 40 ft 33k gallon in-ground gunite pool, TF-100 kit w/ speed stir
    3 sheer rainfall decent water features
    Pentair 3hp variable speed pump
    Pentair IC60 SWG
    Pentair Quad DE 60 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build Looking For Equipment Recommendations.

anyone?

3. Back To Top    #3

Your question is a bit on the vague side, I am not really sure what you are after
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

I would get a Pentair Intelliflo pump and the biggest DE filter you can afford and/or fit on the equipment pad. I would chlorinate the water with a Pentair Intellichlor IC-60. There is no such thing as monitor chemical levels from a smart phone. Pentair makes some chemical automation, but it seems like more trouble than it is worth to me. You can check it out on their website, Intelliph, Intellichem.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I would get a Pentair Intelliflo pump and the biggest DE filter you can afford and/or fit on the equipment pad. I would chlorinate the water with a Pentair Intellichlor IC-60. There is no such thing as monitor chemical levels from a smart phone. Pentair makes some chemical automation, but it seems like more trouble than it is worth to me. You can check it out on their website, Intelliph, Intellichem.
    I actually had the intelliflo variable speed pump and the Pentair 188592 Quad D.E. Cartridge Style D.E. Pool Filter, 60 Square Foot, 120 GPM in my shopping cart.

Any particular reason you chose the ic-60 over the ic-40?

I elected to not go automation. I figured if we (my wife and I) were going to spend this kind of money, I can take the necessary 15 minutes a week to make sure levels are where they are supposed to be.

Thanks for the reply.

6. Back To Top    #6

After some reading around I see why you are suggesting the IC 60. Further reading suggests I should purchase the intellitouch as well. I might just have to bite the bullet on this one.

7. Back To Top    #7

Pentair all the way. First they work with no problems. My pool was closed for 7 years. The pentair filter system cleaned the pool in two weeks. I had to dump the filters but they did its job. We don't even hear the pump at night variable speed. 3400 rpms the 140 heat pump get the water warm 1 deg per hour. Cost is 1/4 less then gas heaters. Got $350 back from PSG. elect comp. pentair $300. I'm very happy with Pentair.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

The IntelliTouch is not needed for your pool. I'd suggest the EasyTouch 8 w/ IC60 and ScreenLogic 2.

For a small difference in price, bump the filter up to the quad 100.

A second pump for the water features is ideal... Look into a waterfall pump (low head, high volume). Pentair makes several versions.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page