Slam will have to wait....

dcloer

Gold Supporter
Jun 7, 2016
Hickory/NC
After finally receiving my TF100 kit, it turns out I was guessing all wrong on CYA assumption. It's way high (over 100). Plus, we are leaving for 10 days on vacation tomorrow. I am going to have my nephew continue to add 1 gallon of liq chlorine a day while we are gone to keep the algae at bay.

Then when we get back, I'm going to drain some water and get my CYA down. I may also let FC fall below 10 so I can get an accurate PH reading before starting for real this time. I've tried to read up as much as I can since joining this site last week.

As a side note, found this little guy in the pool this AM. Nice field rat. My wife would have freaked had she been the one to find it. He seemed very happy to end his swim and return to the field. I was not happy spending the next 15 minutes getting his "leavings" off of the pool steps.

I hate that I spent all that money on stuff up to now but let that be a lesson to all other "newbies" like myself, to NOT START ANYTHING serious before you get some accurate test results.

I will post more pics after I get back and hopefully my cloudy pool will once again be a sparkling paradise. BTW, Wal-Mart has their Liquid Chlorine (10%) marked down to $2.50 for 1 gallon. Not sure if it is regional sale or not.

Thanks again for all the quick replies to my plight and I look forward to becoming more of a contributor to others in the future.

DC

DC, sounds like a great plan and I promise you're not the first person to find CYA way over 100, almost every new person here is in the same "pool" :)

Yeah I had a small blow up pool last year and exclusively used chlorine tabs, or superchlorine powder (Whatever that was). My CYA had to be sky high and towards teh end of the season the water was grody and I had to dump, probably due to the fact that the chlorine could no longer work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.