Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward S200 Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward S200 Sand Filter

I have recently sprung a very slight leak with water and air bubbles on the top of the filter, below the metal ring at the top. Replaced o-ring under dome with no success. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bart

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward S200 Sand Filter

Hello and welcome to TFP! How about some Magic Lube/silicone? Did you add any of that when you replaced the O-Ring?
    Hayward Sand Filter S200, S240 Parts
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I used Jacks lube from Hayward.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well shoot! I was hoping for an easy one there. I mean looking at it, there's not a whole lot to do below that dome right? Unless the O-ring is somehow defective or the mating surfaces have some grit on them somehow. Seems like it should be an easy repair.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

"The last thing you fixed is the first thing to break" Revisit your installation. Pool fittings seem to be pretty finicky and they have to be done Just right or they will leak.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the same issue, I see outside of the o ring area small fine cracks. I am thinking maybe a fine layer of epoxy would seal them.