Swimline liners?

Wichita Chief

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Andover KS.
I have been installing a used Esther Williams pool last week and figured out Sunday I was a moron and didn't double check the wall depth. Long story short: Here I sit with a new in box 52" 15 x 30 liner when I should have ordered a 48" liner. Hey, why buy 1 liner when you can buy 2 for twice the price? LOL. With all the hassle (most self imposed) of getting this up and running I have made up my mind to use a EW specific beaded liner. Not a uni-bead. There are not many out there. The company I bought the first liner from (which I'd like to buy from again) is just so slow/non-responsive I'm worried how long it would drag out. I can get a Swimline made in 5-10 days which is fine for this time of year I'd guess. Are Swimline good liners? I've searched on TFP and they seem to get positive props but most are people who just put them in. I'd like to know if they have any more of a fading problem vs others? I ask because while looking on sites I hit Amazon and a few people slammed them for fading and it not being a warranty covered item. I get that fading is not warranty. Is it more of a problem with the brand or the users? Most people who are happy with something will go happily on their way and leave no feedback vs a mad person who will tell the world all about it. Are there any other brands making EW bead specific liners I haven't found? I'd link to my construction thread if I knew how to do so. One more question. Best place to try and sell my boo boo liner? Craigslist? Ebay? Thanks!

Link to build thread:

Just bought a used Esther Williams 15x30 Carousel - Page 4

I have been installing a used Esther Williams pool last week and figured out Sunday I was a moron and didn't double check the wall depth. Long story short: Here I sit with a new in box 52" 15 x 30 liner when I should have ordered a 48" liner. Hey, why buy 1 liner when you can buy 2 for twice the price? LOL. With all the hassle (most self imposed) of getting this up and running I have made up my mind to use a EW specific beaded liner. Not a uni-bead. There are not many out there. The company I bought the first liner from (which I'd like to buy from again) is just so slow/non-responsive I'm worried how long it would drag out. I can get a Swimline made in 5-10 days which is fine for this time of year I'd guess. Are Swimline good liners? I've searched on TFP and they seem to get positive props but most are people who just put them in. I'd like to know if they have any more of a fading problem vs others? I ask because while looking on sites I hit Amazon and a few people slammed them for fading and it not being a warranty covered item. I get that fading is not warranty. Is it more of a problem with the brand or the users? Most people who are happy with something will go happily on their way and leave no feedback vs a mad person who will tell the world all about it. Are there any other brands making EW bead specific liners I haven't found? I'd link to my construction thread if I knew how to do so. One more question. Best place to try and sell my boo boo liner? Craigslist? Ebay? Thanks!

Link to build thread:

Just bought a used Esther Williams 15x30 Carousel - Page 4

My liner is a swimline. This is my third season with it.. it is in full sun from 8 am to sundown.. and I like my chlorine about 2ppm higher than target levels.. so far it still looks great.. and I have not noticed any fading in said conditions. About those reviewers who complained about fading.. well that could be for many reasons.. like adding chemicals without proper circulation..ect. Since you have a pretty big liner.. try selling it on Craiglist first.. if that doesn't work.. try Ebay then! Good luck!

My last Swimline I got 7 years out of it... I think that is about normal around here.. I am full sun till about 6 pm everyday... I run about 3-4 ppm Cl and run on low speed all of the time .. I think Swimline is the major maker out there along with GLI.. I always get the Perma 25 series as well--little bit heavier liner ..

I was in your shoes choosing a liner last year. I ended up purchasing a Swimline liner because they are supposed to be protected against chemical fading and sun fading. They're made of virgin vinyl and supposed to have excellent cold cracking resistance.
I purchased a 25gauge liner and it is also beaded. First impressions are this is a quality built liner. Granted I can't give you a long term assessment but so far I'm very happy with it.
Also wanted to note it sat in the box in storage almost a year before I got around to taking old pool down and setting up our new 'used' pool just over a week ago. Still came out of the box soft and pliable and stretched into place just fine.
I think you'll be happy choosing a Swimline liner.

I have a Swimline liner in my Matrix54 18x40. I installed it in May of '13. Year after year I have noticed it getting lighter and lighter. This year it's faded to a very light blue. It's in sun 99% of the day. I can tell it's faded by sunlight because of the way it's faded. The northern most half and wall is lighter than the southern half and wall. I have moved the steps and the liner looks new under it.
My pool is saltwater and I follow TFP chemical requirements.

How can this be happening when others say it's chemicals?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.