Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calculator App

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calculator App

Just curious to know if the pool calculator app is still a good app to download or is using the website version better? Saw some bad reviews on the app not being updated and didn't know if there was any support for it anymore. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calculator App

Didn't know there was an app. I just use the website version which works as advertised.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mikemass View Post
    Didn't know there was an app. I just use the website version which works as advertised.
    Same here. Just thought the app may be easier to use on my I-phone then the web version.

4. Back To Top    #4

There is no official app. Also, you should use PoolMath and not the outdated poolcalculator.com
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

On android there is an app called Pool Pal that I downloaded. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...plb.pool&hl=en

I just downloaded it last week, haven't had a chance to do side by side comparisons.
    18' x 48" Intex ultra frame
    Standard cartridge filter and SWG that came with the pool
    I started off with a Taylor test kit, but my refills are coming from TFT so I am not sure what kit you would say I have.
    Stir thingy - Check

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    There is no official app. Also, you should use PoolMath and not the outdated poolcalculator.com
    Thanks jblizzle - Didn't even know there was an outdated version. Glad I've been using the right one.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post
    On android there is an app called Pool Pal that I downloaded. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...plb.pool&hl=en

I just downloaded it last week, haven't had a chance to do side by side comparisons.
    PoolPal is very close to the Pool Math page last time I checked it out. AFAIK they use the same calculation formulas and I use PoolPal all the time.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

Same here. Been using to do my baquacil to chlorine conversion. If you read any of the developer's remarks he has it tied in with TFP readings. If you tap on say FC it will give you what you should have as a reading. It has other readings as well ANSI and others but TFP recommendations are in there also. I swear by it but I'm still learning!
    POOL-24ft Above ground, Vinyl 16000 gal
    FILTER-Hayward EC-40 DE filter
    TEST KIT- Taylor -K2006
    Dolphin Robot Cleaner S50

9. Back To Top    #9

Pool Pal was developed by a member of TFP.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

10. Back To Top    #10

I use a pool math app on iPhone. The Pool Calculator by Jason T. Linhart. Works like a charm.
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
    I use a pool math app on iPhone. The Pool Calculator by Jason T. Linhart. Works like a charm.
    I am not sure that is updated with the latest changes in PoolMath.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I am not sure that is updated with the latest changes in PoolMath.
    Changes? I just looked on the app store and it is now listed as Pool-Calculator by pSiFlow Technology.
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

13. Back To Top    #13

Yeah, Jason sold the website and app a long time ago and since then we have made some updates to the functionality to the TFP web version: PoolMath
    Jason, TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

I use pool pal to store my results but I think is off a little bit, still use pool math for my additions...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart