Autopilot Soft Touch SWG - Min flow Rate

Jul 28, 2012
SW Florida
Hi all,
I found this interesting and just happened to found the solution or I think I found the solution to the problem.
Story time...
After installation of Hayward Max-Flo VS pump, SWG isn't working properly and I started to get algae.
Took a sample to Pinch A Penny and they told me I needed chlorine and I asked them if they know the minimum flow rate or pump rpm for the SWG to work. They just pick a number from the air.
Came here to look for a specific number and found to be 15 GPM flow rate or 1k rpm for it to work. Turned out I have to bump the rpm to 2k for SWG to work.
I also found the manual for Autopilot Soft Touch at their website and it also stated min of 15 GPM flow for it to work.

I also cleaned the cell, strainer, checked cables, and sensor. Scraped my knuckles a few times too.
I hope this helps some of you who are in the same situation as I am. I'll keep you guys posted...

Tee

Correct 15 GPM is the minimum. Ideally would be around 20 GPM. This does not translate back to a certain RPM setting on every pool as the flow rate differs from pool to pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.