Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot Soft Touch SWG - Min flow Rate

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot Soft Touch SWG - Min flow Rate

Hi all,
    I found this interesting and just happened to found the solution or I think I found the solution to the problem.
    Story time...
    After installation of Hayward Max-Flo VS pump, SWG isn't working properly and I started to get algae.
    Took a sample to Pinch A Penny and they told me I needed chlorine and I asked them if they know the minimum flow rate or pump rpm for the SWG to work. They just pick a number from the air.
    Came here to look for a specific number and found to be 15 GPM flow rate or 1k rpm for it to work. Turned out I have to bump the rpm to 2k for SWG to work.
    I also found the manual for Autopilot Soft Touch at their website and it also stated min of 15 GPM flow for it to work.

I also cleaned the cell, strainer, checked cables, and sensor. Scraped my knuckles a few times too.
    I hope this helps some of you who are in the same situation as I am. I'll keep you guys posted...

Tee
    Lets go swimming! Wait, is the water 88*F?
    -----------------
    10k gallons - Kidney Shape pool complete with 5-zone Caretaker 99 in-ground cleaner, Hayward Clear Plus Filter, CX900RE Filter, Hayward Pump, 2HP Marathon Motor, AutoPilot SWCG, Hayward Navigator Pro Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Autopilot Soft Touch SWG - Min flow Rate

Correct 15 GPM is the minimum. Ideally would be around 20 GPM. This does not translate back to a certain RPM setting on every pool as the flow rate differs from pool to pool.

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Autopilot Soft Touch SWG - Min flow Rate

Thanks for the response, I'll check it again when I get off work.
    Lets go swimming! Wait, is the water 88*F?
    -----------------
    10k gallons - Kidney Shape pool complete with 5-zone Caretaker 99 in-ground cleaner, Hayward Clear Plus Filter, CX900RE Filter, Hayward Pump, 2HP Marathon Motor, AutoPilot SWCG, Hayward Navigator Pro Cleaner.