Help! Filled pool, put chemicals in, it's green!

Jun 13, 2012
Hello
I filled my 14' Intex pool with my well water over the last few days. Last night I put the reccommended amount of bleach in and stabilizer in. This morning I woke up to a green pool with the stabilizer all laying in the bottom of the pool.

I vaccummed out the pile of stabilizer and tested the water to find zero FC in it. I have since shocked it with a double dose of bleach.

Will this clear it up or do I need to drain? I really don't want to run my well again heavily for the next few days so I'm hoping the shock will clear it up.

Thanks for any pointers

The fix is painful. Filter out as much as you can using papertowels etc. You'll get some of it.

Then put a sequestrant in your pool . Jack's magic is a good brand. Keep your pH down around 7.2 and hopefully, it will put the iron back into soluble form.

This will not take the iron from your pool but continued use of the sequestrant will sort of "neutralize" so it doesn't reappear.

If you pull from that well, you will get iron.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.