Tips for installing an overlap liner?

Apr 29, 2008
I pick up my new pool a 15' Sea spray allure tonight. I plan on installing it this weekend and I am just looking for tips on the overlap liner. On my last pool I used a unibead which it like a j bead liner. The install was easy but we did have one wrinkle we could not get out so we decided to go with an overlap this time. I read the tips from the shade builder website and a few post here. If some one would be kind enough to post a guide or more install information I would greatly appreciate it. Pictures would be awesome.

poolinst14.jpg

linerinstall2a.jpg

The first photo shows the liner stretched in using the retaining rods for support. The second photo shows an overlap liner stretched in over the framework of the pool, the preferred method.

Let us know what parts of the process you need more information on and I am sure we could help.

Dennis

So you stretch the liner over the assembled pool, should the liner just touch the bottom of the pool or be suspended? When do you start taking the pool a part and install the coping? When the water is up the wall a few inches and has set the liner in the bottom of the pool?

Thanks for your help and all the great information on your site. I have spent many hours reading over shadebuilder.

Sorry that photo is so big, I'll work on getting a smaller one up there.

Good questions. The liner should be a few inches off the base before you start the water. The liner will need to be let down as the water puts pressure on it. When the water is just a few inches from the side the hose should be shut off. Take just a few rails off at a time and pull the liner over. I tuck all the excess back into the pool so just an even 2" is showing on the outside. The liner should be pulled up snug so that when you start filling again the the sides smooth out for a nice snug fit.

Be sure there are no sharp edges on your top rails or caps, if so use lots of duct tape.

Dennis

Sounds good. We switched models of pools so I will be putting it up this weekend. I will try stretching the liner over the frame and see how things go. Do you have any pictures of the excess hanging over the out side and the inside? Sorry just trying to get a visual on how it will look.

Also do you have any tips for building the cove and bottom out of sand? I did a decent job on my last pool but I hope to improve this time around. Thanks for your help.

We disassemble the pool to where there's only the wall left. Then we tape off the skimmer hole, and return hole. Cut a slit in the return hole big enough to get a shopvac nozzle into and let her rip. We keep it on while kicking the wrinkles toward the wall so it can be sucked out. Once they're gone we start running the water and put about 1-2" of water in it, then turn off the shopvac.

Anyone got any tips for the cove and base? I will be putting up the pool in the morning (Saturday). I finished leveling the ground last night and have most of the plumbing and solar panels installed.

I read some where about using a 2 liter pop bottle filled with waster to help roll the cove.

How do you guys feel about putting plastic sheeting down by the cove so the sand does not make direct contact with the pool wall?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.