Results After Long SLAM Process and Rain- CH and CYA question

Jun 3, 2015
Montgomery, TX
Morning,

Well thanks to all the advice, recommendations and reading my pool is finally back to looking good.

Pool is clear, OCLT passed and CC is at 0. I have been maintainsing the FC level with daily addition of bleach and everything is looking good.

Ran a full set of tests this morning using TF-100

FC-7
CC-0
CH- 150
TA- 80
PH- 8.2. Will add Muratic acid today.
CYA-30. Was at 90 prior to SLAM. Drained some water and we have had lots of rain!!

My question is should I be concerned about the CH being low and adjust this via the recommendations on this website?

Should I raise my CYA to 40 with some pucks or just leave it alone?

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
All that rain is why your CH and CYA dropped. You should bump the CH up some to protect the pools finish. If you have tablets, you could use them. Might want the CYA up closer to 50ppm.

All that rain is why your CH and CYA dropped. You should bump the CH up some to protect the pools finish. If you have tablets, you could use them. Might want the CYA up closer to 50ppm.

Thanks. I drained about a 1/3 of the pool just prior to all the rain therefore the massive drop in CYA.

Calcoum Chloride addition it is gradually. Unfortunately I cannot buy it in bags as we live in Houston and there is no need to melt ice down here!! Trip to the pool store it is which I have been trying to avoid!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.