Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Results After Long SLAM Process and Rain- CH and CYA question

1. Back To Top    #1

Results After Long SLAM Process and Rain- CH and CYA question

Morning,

Well thanks to all the advice, recommendations and reading my pool is finally back to looking good.

Pool is clear, OCLT passed and CC is at 0. I have been maintainsing the FC level with daily addition of bleach and everything is looking good.

Ran a full set of tests this morning using TF-100

FC-7
    CC-0
    CH- 150
    TA- 80
    PH- 8.2. Will add Muratic acid today.
    CYA-30. Was at 90 prior to SLAM. Drained some water and we have had lots of rain!!

My question is should I be concerned about the CH being low and adjust this via the recommendations on this website?

Should I raise my CYA to 40 with some pucks or just leave it alone?

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by gcivic29; 06-14-2016 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Adjust TA
    39,460 Gallon Gunite outdoor in-ground, Pebble Tec, 37' W x 38'6" L, Attached Spa and slide, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, 2- Pentair Sta Rite Variable speed pumps, Pentair Sta Rite 3.0 hp Max E Pro, Paramount PCC 2000 In Floor Cleaning and Circulation system, Rainbow Chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator and Trident UV

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Results After Long SLAM Process and Rain- CH and CYA question

All that rain is why your CH and CYA dropped. You should bump the CH up some to protect the pools finish. If you have tablets, you could use them. Might want the CYA up closer to 50ppm.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Results After Long SLAM Process and Rain- CH and CYA question

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    All that rain is why your CH and CYA dropped. You should bump the CH up some to protect the pools finish. If you have tablets, you could use them. Might want the CYA up closer to 50ppm.
    Thanks. I drained about a 1/3 of the pool just prior to all the rain therefore the massive drop in CYA.

Calcoum Chloride addition it is gradually. Unfortunately I cannot buy it in bags as we live in Houston and there is no need to melt ice down here!! Trip to the pool store it is which I have been trying to avoid!!
    39,460 Gallon Gunite outdoor in-ground, Pebble Tec, 37' W x 38'6" L, Attached Spa and slide, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, 2- Pentair Sta Rite Variable speed pumps, Pentair Sta Rite 3.0 hp Max E Pro, Paramount PCC 2000 In Floor Cleaning and Circulation system, Rainbow Chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator and Trident UV