Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: INTEX 14X42 ULTRA FRAME adding hayward skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

INTEX 14X42 ULTRA FRAME adding hayward skimmer

Hello all!

I'm just completing setting up my Intex pool for my 4 year old and am going to add a Hayward skimmer.

I have a few questions.

Should I just plug the original 2 intakes from the pool and just have the skimmer as the only intake or is there an advantage to having all three?

Also, when attaching the skimmer, can I keep the gasket intact and cut the hole prior to installing the skimmer? I've seen it both ways when looking online.

I plan to hard plumb everything in. Is there a link for the most reliable 40 mm to 1 1/2 adapters, or is it possible to do the plumbing without them?

Thanks.
    Intex Ultra frame 14x42, Intex 2800 GPH sand filter, Intex CG-28669 SWG, Hayward SP1091WM Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: INTEX 14X42 ULTRA FRAME adding hayward skimmer

Depending on the number of returns you may be best off using one of the suction fittings as a return line after you add the skimmer.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: INTEX 14X42 ULTRA FRAME adding hayward skimmer

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it
    Intex Ultra frame 14x42, Intex 2800 GPH sand filter, Intex CG-28669 SWG, Hayward SP1091WM Skimmer