My Liner Moved During Partial Drain

I have been doing a partial drain and I just noticed that in my deep end the liner has moved significantly.
I am not sure if this is normal and when I refill it will go back to normal. I have stopped draining the water and have just started to refill the water.
I have attached a photo, is this going to be a problem? Should I stop filling and do something about this?
Thanks!

IMG_1246.jpg

Fill it ack up immediately and see if it reseats.

How much water had you removed for it to float like that?
In normal water table, the rule of thumb is to go no lower than a foot in the shallow end. But in high water table, that can still cause It to float.

It usually means you have a high water table, heavy clay soil, etc.
Sometimes the pressure from the added water is enough to push back, so fill it as full as you can regardless.

In theory, you could attempt to remove a small Paet of te liner from the bead track and attempt to pump out/suction some of the water, but you could also just wait a bit for dryer weather to see if the groundwater recedes on its own, and call in a liner company if it doesn't.

That's amazing.

When I first looked at the house my wife and I eventually bought and now live in, the vinyl liner pool kind of turned me off. I liked the idea of a pool, but I always thought vinyl lined pools were not as nice. I decided an in ground pool was all that mattered, and we bought the house. I'm learning that despite it's downsides, it's got some up sides too. Often, the problems that arise are repairable yourself. I've decided I could probably install a new liner in mine, but I know there's no way I could ever replaster a gunite pool.

Jason, I'm delighted it worked out for you.

If you ever need to do a water change again (though I hope you avoid same by using TFP method of sanitation) you'd be a candidate for the "sheet method" of water change.

That's where you lay a big tarp or taped visqueen across the surface, and drain and fill simultaneously to maintain the water pressure to hold the liner in place against the water table. But hey, lets hope you don't need to go there ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.